Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Barely a Recipe: Salt and Pepper Chicken

I've made a number of meals recently that didn't receive the best reception from the younger members of my family. ("Yuck!") I explained to my son that he'll like more and more things as he gets older, he just has to keep trying them! Still, there's no need to serve something flavor-complex every night. Sometimes something simple does the trick.

Here is my recipe for Salt and Pepper Chicken:

You will need:
  • Chicken Parts (with skin and bones included)
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste

Place chicken parts skin-up in 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes (shorter or longer depending on size of chicken pieces).

So simple, and so delicious! Recently I made this dish while we were busy doing something else. I lowered the temp to 300 degrees and baked the chicken for almost 2 hours. It was wonderful, and Barely a Recipe!

Be sure to save the chicken bones in the freezer until you have enough to make Bone Soup.

No comments: