Here's a breakdown of the types of items I sent to the sale:
- 125 Books (with a few DVDs and VHS tapes thrown in for good measure)- This sale accepts any and all books, DVDs, and videos, so I got rid of our remaining stack of books. These are books that weren't worth selling using my other methods, mostly small paperback children's books in used condition. We also had some really old adult fiction books and some baby board books in decent condition. I priced everything very affordably and I hope many of them make it to good homes!
- 75 Kid's clothing items. These were summer clothes ranging in size from 3 months to size 5. (I haven't had a baby in over 3 years, but I keep finding little clothes that weren't previously decluttered.)
- 12 Maternity Items. Again, I keep finding maternity things in the back of the closet, and people have returned items I gave them, too. (No need! If I've given you any baby/maternity gear, please keep it or pass it on!)
- 9 Pairs of Kids' Shoes. Again, several year's worth, including like-new water shoes my kids decided they didn't want to wear. I cleaned some of them before pricing, too!
- 43 Baby and Bath toy items. Just a variety of little toys that have plenty of wear left in them.
- 11 Baby gear items. Pottys, bath tubs, unopened safety gear, and a vibrating baby chair that my kids hardly ever used.
The alarming new is: I still have plenty of items to sell at my yard sale this weekend. I'm glad that I sent so many items to the sale; clothing and books in particular, because those things haven't sold well at our previous sale. I am a little daunted that I still have a lot of work to do to get ready for the yard sale. Whose idea was it to do all of this at once? Oh yeah. Mine. :)
I'm so excited about getting rid of so much stuff that I've decided to hold Giveaway Contest! Leave a comment on this post and guess how much I money I will receive for my items. The person who guesses the closest to the final total without going over will win a $25 Amazon Gift Card. **If you are posting anonymously, be sure to leave a name and contact information so that I can contact you if win!**
I want to disclose that I have no clear idea how much money to expect. I didn't add up the total amount I was charging or anything like that, but here are some tips that will maybe influence your guess:
- I priced my items to sell! That means most of them are really affordable, low prices. It's more important to me that items get to people who need and want them than making a huge profit.
- Sunday is half-price day, so some of my items will sell for half of what I priced them. (Historically most of my items sell the first day of the sale.)
- The Sale keeps 50% of the sale price of each item.
- Some items may not sell, in that case I have the option to pick them up or leave them behind to be donated. (I haven't decided yet.)
In Addition: I have two free tickets to the sale good for this Saturday, April 17th! (Value: $10 each)If you live in the Northern Virginia area and would like to go to the sale for free, email me at dflanag2 @ gmail.com (remove spaces) and we'll see if we can arrange for you to pick one up. First come, first serve!