This is why I'm hoping to make more progress in getting my family to eat more salad; it would be good for them and also help to fill them up! So far, I'm the only one who has taken up the habit. I miss a day here and there, but I try to have greens and dressing reading to go at any given moment, either for lunch or dinner.
Unfortunately, this is not the week to cook a ton of stuff as we are headed out of town again this weekend, this time for 5 days. I need to strike the delicate balance between making Enough Food and not making Too Much Food.
Here is the plan:
- Monday (busy night): Chicken Casserole and salad
- Tuesday: Parents out for Dinner, Kidlets eating spaghetti, meatballs, and steamed green beans
- Wednesday: Mini Hamburgers, Mixed Roasted Potatoes, and steamed asparagus
- Thursday: Leftovers (backup plan: Bean and Cheese Quesadillas and whatever isn't consumed can be frozen for future snacks/meals)
- Friday: Tilapia and Pepper Packets (already frozen, ready to go!), brown rice pilaf or whole wheat couscous, and steamed broccoli
- Saturday: Out of Town
- Sunday: Out of Town
- Monday: Out of Town
I am going to defrost a loaf of banana bread to help fill everyone up. Also my daughter has decided that she loves hardboiled eggs, so that will be another available snack. Hopefully this and everything else will keep everyone fed through the week, yet leave very little remaining food when we head out of town!
Happy Eating! See more menu planning inspiration at I'm an Organizing Junkie.