Monday, April 5, 2010

Family Feast For Fourteen

Well... maybe not fourteen specifically. A more accurate title for this post would be 'A Family Feast for Approximately Ten to Fifteen depending on who makes it,' but I thought the alliteration was more intriguing.

Anyway, this is last-minute planning for a casual gathering this Tuesday night. The meal needs to have vegetarian options and be reasonably kid-friendly as well as have easy final preparation steps.

I have to admit I was having Meal Planning Block coming up with this one... should I make Lasagna again? I think my in-laws like my lasagna, but maybe we should do something different this time.

Finally I followed the sage advice to look to what you already have on hand, and I recalled that I have a bunch of marinated chicken as well as a package of tofu to use up. We have the grill up and running as of yesterday, so I can grill chicken and serve it with the early spring standbys: roasted baby red potatoes and asparagus (I'll do something a bit different with the tofu if the vegetarians are able to attend). Add a salad with homemade dressing, an appetizer, a dessert, and a drink setup and dinner is done.

Whew, I thought that was going to be harder than it turned out to be! Now I am freed up to clean my filthy house that I didn't touch last week.

No comments: