Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: March 22nd

Thank goodness for my stockpile! We had a spontaneous party in our front yard to welcome some new neighbors and just enjoy being outside on a beautiful First Day of Spring. I didn't have much food in the house, but I had some Salmon cakes and some quesadillas stashed away in the freezer, which added to some fare brought over by some neighbors. Now I have a bit of space in the freezer so that I can restock--for the next party, of course.

Is it too early to start grilling? I bought some chicken with the intent to marinate it for the grill.

Monday: Soup and Sandwiches (I'm making the Kale soup I was supposed to make last week... right now.)
Tuesday: Hamburgers, baked beans, and broccoli
Wednesday: Roasted Chicken, roasted vegetables.
Thursday: Cooking Playdate! We're going to marinate meat for future grilling meals and whip up some lasagna because my family keeps inhaling it all. Well have Molasses Glazed Chicken Thighs for dinner.
Friday: Creamy Enchilada Casserole
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Chicken Casserole (prepped in advance as we will be out all day)
Monday: Spaghetti w/Turkey meatballs, green beans (still haven't eaten this pantry/freezer based, slide-around meal)

Soup of the Week: The sauce for the Lasagna. (I'm flush with soup!)

Visit orgjunkie.com for more Monday menu planning ideas!

1 comment:

UnfinishedMom said...

Molasses Glazed chicken sounds scrumptious! I'm always looking for new chicken recipes.