- 3 cups flour (whole wheat works if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) fully softened
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- 2 10 oz packages frozen whole strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or more to thicken)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry juice (previously reserved in step 1).
5. Mix sugar, lemon, and strawberry juice. Drizzle/pour over tops and sides of bread loaves while still hot from the oven. (I put a sheet of wax paper under my cooling rack to catch the drips. Allow glaze to harden and cool completely before serving or freezing.