Thursday, March 4, 2010

Time For Tea

I have a confession to make. The reason I didn't complete my Freezer Cooking Day plan earlier in the week was because I promised my daughter we would have a tea party!

My grandmother used this set of china specifically for hosting tea parties with me when I was little. The mugs of the set are tiny--like a cappuccino mug, which makes them perfect for little hands. She gave me the set when I outgrew the tea party stage, and I have saved them over the years in anticipation of a day like the one the other day.

I decided that I wanted to drink an actual cup of tea during our tea party, so I made some Cranberry Apple Tea with a few tea bags in a tea pot. We needed something to put in the cream pitchers, so we used apple juice, which could be poured into the tea to cool it--and also to sweeten it for the non-tea drinkers at the party (like my daughter). I scrounged up a few snacks for us to munch on--I mean, to eat daintily while talking in 'proper' voices.

Our other guests included some of Julie's favorite animal friends:

Including Mommy Dinosaur who likes to eat Goldfish (she has one in her mouth):


And I was required to wear at hat.
It was a lovely party!

No comments: