Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Menu Plan Tuesday: August 16th, 2011

I'm still trying to recover from the 2 parties in one day... they were successful, but I was completely worn out. I wish I could bottle kids' energy for my personal use!

As a result of the festivities as well as a produce box I ordered from a local company, I have numerous perishables to blend into my menu this week, including kale, eggplant, zucchini, watermelon, raspberries, peaches, cantalope, lettuce, tomatoes (large and cherry-size), grapes, broccolishredded cheese, sliced cucumbers, a red bell pepper, and leftover (uncooked) mini burgers and hotdogs  with buns.
  • Monday: Spaghetti with turkey meatballs, whole wheat pasta and broccoli (steamed the fresh broccoli left over from the vegetable platter from the party).
  • Tuesday: Potato Kale Quiche (using the kale and the leftover shredded cheese) with sweet potato biscuits (sweet potato from the freezer) and fresh watermelon/cantalope.
  • Wednesday: Bacon wrapped pork chops (sliding from last week), whole wheat couscous with zucchini and cherry tomatoes (using fresh produce) and more watermelon/cantalope.
  • Thursday: Hot Dogs (from the freezer) in whole wheat buns, fresh vegetables (cucumbers, bell pepper, carrot) with dip, potato chips, watermelon (there's a lot!)
  • Friday: Baked Chicken Tenders (chicken from freezer) with Fried Eggplant (using same  breading as on chicken--delicious!) steamed vegetables, and whatever fruit we need to finish eating.
  • Saturday: Soy Glazed Salmon (from the freezer) with soba noodles and steamed vegetables
  • Sunday: Leftovers
  • Monday: Mini Burgers (from the freezer) with Salt and Pepper potatoes and steamed vegetables
With this plan, I don't need to go to the store at all!

I have frozen the mini burgers, hotdogs, buns for each, grapes, raspberries and peaches (for a crisp), as well as a large amount of boneless skinless chicken breasts that I need to cut up before freezing (see tips here). As for the lettuce and larger tomatoes, I will salads for lunch with a side of protein.

Find more meal planning inspiration at orgjunkie.com!

No comments: