|Potato Kale Frittata with Sweet Potato Biscuits|
I started planning meals a bit early for this week as we were expecting some potential inclement weather, which put our access to electricity at risk. Gotta love above-ground power lines! Fortunately the weather in our area was less damaging than expected, and we made it through the weekend without a single power flicker.
Still, in anticipation of having to prepare meals without power, I anticipated being limited to using the stovetop, which is gas and can be lit with a match when the power is out, or the outdoor grill when it isn't raining. It also helps that we're celebrating my daughter's birthday this week and already planned to go out to dinner several times as part of our birthday outings.
- Monday: Eggplant Stew (using eggplant from the garden) over whole wheat couscous, Peach Blueberry Crisp
- Tuesday: Dinner Out
- Wednesday: Dinner Out
- Thursday: Minestrone and Grilled Cheese
- Friday: Make Your Own Pizza, salad, fruit
- Saturday: Lemon Chicken with Carrot Orzo and steamed broccoli
- Sunday: Family Get-together--bring Whole Wheat Couscous with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
- Monday: Burgers on the grill, baked beans, salt and pepper potatoes, broccoli salad (Farewell to Summer!)
Find more meal planning inspiration at orgjunkie.com!