- I freeze leftover mashed sweet potatoes in 3/4 cup portions, then defrost them as necessary.
- I use Hudson Cream Self Rising Flour, which saves the steps of having to mix the dry ingredients together. This also resolves my reluctance to add 4 teaspoons of baking powder, which seems like a lot!
Here is my modification of the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour (more because other dry ingredients are already added)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (Paula uses 2 Tablespoons, but I find that 2 teaspoons is enough for my taste. Don't omit the sugar entirely, as a small amount of sugar can enhance the flavor of a recipe)
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-4 Tablespoons milk (if needed, depending on moisture level of sweet potatoes)
In microwave-safe bowl, defrost sweet potatoes. Add butter and microwave until butter is softened, about 35 seconds. Mix butter and sweet potatoes with a fork.
This recipe makes approximately 12 medium sized biscuits or 2 dozen mini buscuits--great for a party snack!