Sunday, February 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: March 1st

Here comes another week! I'm sliding several meals from last week into this week because one night we ate leftovers and one night we spontaneously went out to dinner. (We don't eat out very often. It was a nice treat!)
  • Monday: Chicken and Dumplings Casserole (sliding from Saturday--most ingredients are frozen, so this meal is super easy to slide around!)
  • Tuesday: Homemade Beef with Broccoli over brown rice (sliding from last Wednesday) I hope to make this and share the recipe here later this week--it's my own recipe, very easy and good!
  • Wednesday: Creamy Enchilada Casserole (part of my Freezer Cooking Plan; but the kids love it so much I think it will bypass the freezer and get inhaled promptly.)
  • Thursday: Leftovers--changed to Ratatouille from The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook (Cooking playdate!) we served this over whole wheat couscous.)
  • Friday: I am interested in exploring 'Semi-Slow' cooking: oven-roasting meals slowly in a Dutch Oven for several hours up to an entire day. Two recipes that I have my eye on include Braised Lamb Shanks with Red Wine Sauce (scroll down to view third recipe) and Stuffed Chicken with Rice (Tbiet)
  • Saturday: Date Night
  • Sunday: Dinner at Mom/Grandma's
  • Monday: Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs with green beans (sliding from this past Monday!)
 Soup of the Week: This week I am making a vegan soup: Quinoa Vegetable Soup... delicious!

Today is an exciting day because the winner will be announced for the Once a Month Mom/Dole Menu Planning Contest--and I am a finalist! Be sure to stop by after 8 AM and find out who won.

Stop by Orgjunkie.com to see other menu plans!

No comments: