Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Feb 15th

Well, the menu plan from last week didn't work out so well! We got another foot of snow, which not only rearranged our evening plans for the entire week, but also cancelled our trip to see the grandparents over the weekend. Added to these problems was the Snow Fatigue, which is when your hours and days start blending together with no end in sight and your ability to focus and be productive is completely derailed by your fear that the power might go off again any minute, so what's the point in trying to cook anything? And we all have colds.

I did bake Valentine cookies. They were good. I also made some discoveries in the freezer which I hope to put to good use now that I know they are there.

  • Monday: Leftovers: (pasta, pizza, chicken, etc. We've got plenty of food!)
  • Tuesday: Asian Peanut Butter Pork (crock pot)
  • Wednesday (Kids only): Bean and Cheese Quesadillas w/vegetable and fruit (Didn't eat as planned last week)
  • Thursday: Chicken with Whole Wheat Couscous with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes from The Joy of Cooking (Didn't eat as planned last week)
  • Friday: Lentil Rice Casserole (made with brown rice)
  • Saturday: Leftovers
  • Sunday: Book Club Menu Plan The family will eat from what I prepare for my Book Club meeting.
  • Monday: Baked Ziti with Mini Meatballs (prepared with friend during Freezer Cooking Day that day) from The Sopranos Family Cookbook I can't wait for this one!!!

Soup of the Week: White Bean and Kale Tomato Soup from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook (I didn't use the kale for the quiche last week as I had planned. The week was completely derailed!)

Stop by I'm an Organizing Junkie to see more menu plans!

No comments: