Friday, February 26, 2010

Menu Plan for Vegetarian Dinner

We are having a few friends over for dinner this weekend, and one person is vegetarian, so I need to come up with a menu that is meat-free yet filling and nice enough for dinner guests. Here is what I've come up with:
  • Appetizer: Gougeres (Cheese Puffs) These are so good! also veggies w/hummus Darn it! I ran out of time to make these. We had a cranberry goat cheese log w/crackers and grapes instead, courtesy of Trader Joe. (I don't want my guests to read this and get confused!)
  • Salad: Caesar Salad with homemade dressing
  • Main Course: Lasagna (if I omit the ground beef, it's a vegetarian dish!)
  • Dessert: Strawberry Bread (Part of my menu from the Once a Month Mom cooking contest. I find out on Monday if my menu was selected!--ETA: I didn't win, but it was still fun!)
 This will be a simple get-together, no drink set-up or other elaborate plans, just having people over for food and friendship.

I'll share the recipes for the Caesar salad dressing and Strawberry bread next week.

No comments: