Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Menu Plan for Julia Child

My book club is reading My Life in France by Julia Child, and it is my turn to host. I had this wild idea that I would make some of Julia Child's recipes to eat at our meeting (the host provides snacks). After some brief research, I've decided that I don't have the time or concentration to attempt Julia Child recipes at this point in my life. Sorry, Book Club folks.

 
But I'm going to make it up to you! Check out the recipes for these Salted Caramel-Chocolate Cupcakes! I have been thinking about this recipe for weeks now, but I didn't have a good excuse to make it until now, I've been too busy making cookies anyway. Also, I first had to obtain a new mini muffin pan after that unfortunate catastrophe with the last pan.

 
I'll also have some various savories as this menu will also serve as dinner for my family. Hmmmm... let me take a look around and see what we have on hand.
  • Cranberry Goat Cheese log with various crackers
  • Assorted fresh vegetables with dip
  • Turkey Tortilla Wraps
  • Mini Stuffed Potatoes
  • Strawberry Bread
  • The hopefully delectable cupcakes as mentioned above.
There! That should feed everyone. They probably won't miss the Julia Child recipes if I use plenty of butter, right?

No comments: