Monday, July 18, 2011

Menu Plan Monday July 18th: Clearing out the Fridge


Eggplant Stew over Whole Wheat Couscous--part of my vegetarian freezer cooking last week

I'll be using many of my tips for using up perishables before we travel to the beach this weekend. Every time I turn around there is more produce to harvest from my vegetable garden!
  • Monday: Roast Turkey Breast, whole wheat couscous with zucchini and cherry tomatoes (both from the garden)
  • Tuesday: Pasta with Marinated Tomatoes, based on a Martha Stewart recipe from the newest issue of Martha Stewart Living, which apparently hasn't been posted online yet, so I can't link to the recipe...  
  • Wednesday: Creamy Enchilada Casserole, hopefully sneaking some fresh produce in there somewhere, with shallot green beans
  • Thursday: Turkey Avocado Wraps (hopefully there will be enough turkey left over from Monday for this! I'll also use the turkey for lunches.)
  • Friday: Leftovers--eating whatever is left!
  • Saturday: Lasagna, garlic bread, salad (at the beach)
  • Sunday: Ham dinner (at the beach)
  • Monday: Marinated Salmon, Lime Cilantro Soba, steamed broccoli
I'll be freezer cooking with a friend on Wednesday, to make the salmon marinade and a few treats for the beach. I also want to find time to make Basil Pesto (to bring to the beach) and the crisp topping and lavender sugar that I didn't find time for last week.

I'll also be making another Summer Squash Frittata and eat it for breakfast each day this week, as I am swimming in zucchini and summer squash. I haven't figured out any good freezer cooking recipes for the squash yet (other than soups and sauces), so I made fried zucchini last week and I'll probably make it again this week, too.

Find more meal planning ideas at a special location this week!

No comments: