Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fried Zucchini


I made our eggplant stew today, and I used the huge zucchini I had from my grandparents' garden. I decided to use the remaining amount to make fried zucchini, with thoughts that my kids might eat it.

Ingredients:
  • Large Zucchini, thinly sliced (1/4 inch thick)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • butter and/or olive oil 1-2 Tablespoons
Sprinkle both sides of zucchini slices with salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil and/or butter (I use both) in skillet over medium heat. Place flour in shallow dish, add zucchini, turning to coat with a thin layer of flour. Add zucchini slices to skillet and fry for several minutes. Turn and fry for 2-3 more minutes, then place cooked zucchini on paper towels to absorb excess oil.

Try not to eat all of them at once. Offer them to your children, then eat the ones you served to them after they turn up their noses. 

This would also work well with a large eggplant. Delicious, and barely a recipe!



No comments: