And a couple green pumpkins that are taking forever to turn orange, I think I need to harvest and sun them. There's only one pumpkin in this picture.
Clearly I need to leave a few items in the freezer and focus on the fresh produce growing in my yard! Despite the fact that it is nearly November!
Revised Menu Plan:
- Tuesday (I had this epiphany yesterday) Salt and Pepper Chicken served with steamed asparagus and Whole Wheat Couscous with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes (uses 2-3 dozen tomatoes)
- Wednesday: Leftovers (plenty!) with salad (cherry tomatoes)
- Thursday: Soy Glazed Salmon with Sweet Potato Black Bean Salsa (includes a dozen cherry tomatoes)
- Friday: Apple Sausage Risotto with steamed broccoli (a break from the cherry tomatoes)
- Saturday: Attend a Party (waiting to hear what I can bring... perhaps something with cherry tomatoes in it?)
- Sunday (Halloween/Family Get-together) Lasagna with salad and bread for the adults, the kids will just eat candy (kidding! We'll have spaghetti and meatballs for non-lasagna eating persons)
- Monday: Leftovers