Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fitness Goal Update for May

I should first confess that I skipped reporting on my personal fitness challenge for April. I fell behind, and I kept meaning to write about it, then May happened, and it fell by the wayside.

But I persisted! Despite the fact that both teenage neighbors who were available to watch my kids so I could work out mid-afternoon and be home for dinner... weren't available anymore. (One plays sports, and one's parent decided she couldn't do any babysitting until school lets out. Argh!) Then I had the bright idea to hold a yard sale and send items to a consignment sale at the same time. Then we went out of town two weekends in a row for a total of 8 days. Lastly, my son was having a minor problem at school and I felt like I needed to pay extra attention to him to try to figure out what was bothering him. (Issue Resolved, thank goodness.)

All this added up to my attending my class only 8 times in April, bringing my total in April for the year to 47; 3 shy of the 50 that I needed to be on track to meet my 150 class goal for the year. It took everything in me to keep going in May to try to make up at least a little of my slacking off:

Total Attended in May: 12

Current 2010 Total: 59 (Not including the class I attended yesterday so that I could look up how many times I attended in May so that I could make this report!)

The next challenge is an attendance game for the months of June and July. I am supposed to attend at least 30 classes total during this time. This works out fine to 15 classes per month, but the catch is that I will be out of town in July, a potential total of 9 days, possibly more. 31 days minus 9 days equals 22 days in which to attend 15 classes. If I wasn't breaking down these numbers into months and weeks, it would be much harder to figure out what I need to do to stay on track for the year. Plan for June: Go! Every day!

No comments: