It's time to dig around a little more and see what I can come up with to feed my ravenous family for the final 5 days of the Pantry Challenge. Fortunately I overplanned for this previous week and I didn't make every meal that I intended to make--we had leftovers more than I planned. I can move those meals over to the new week. My goal is to postpone grocery shopping until February 2nd.
The meals from last week or so that I didn't make were the mushroom barley soup (for lunches) and the salmon with the lime cilantro. I'll shuffle things around a little and get these things made for this week.
- Sunday: I'm going to move the shrimp pasta I was planning and make the salmon with lime cilantro soba noodles and spinach today. I am going to double this recipe to marinate the salmon, freezing half for a future meal. (The salmon is already frozen, I'll just combine the marinade w/the frozen salmon in a freezer bag and it will marinate when I move it to the fridge to defrost.)
- Monday: Chicken and Dumplings Casserole (as previously planned)
- Tuesday: Bouchons au Thon (tuna corks) with roasted potatoes and vegetable (as previously planned)
- Wednesday: Chicken drumsticks with side and vegetable
- Thursday: Shrimp Pasta, finally picked a recipe! with salad (this recipe is reviewed here.)
- Friday: Breakfast for Dinner: Eggs, hash browns, bacon, vegetable, etc.
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Bean and Cheese Quesadillas and a vegetable
- Monday: Lasagna (from the freezer) with salad and bread
- Tuesday: Grocery Shop! This will be great timing to shop for the Sunday Brunch.
The only item I need from the store for this meal plan are eggs. We made a frittata yesterday as we had some guests for a small brunch and exhausted our egg supply. Can I go to the store and buy only one item?
Be sure to check out other Pantry Challenge Updates at MoneySavingMom.com!