Monday, May 10, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: May 10th


 
I've worn down our food stockpile over the past month, so now there is very little in the freezer that I can pull out and serve for dinner. Some bread and some frozen vegetables, some frozen fish, some brown bananas, that's pretty much all that's in there. It's time to build everything up again, and I'm feeling a sense of urgency about it because I will need dinner to be easier than takeout both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I'll be busy and tired so the takeout temptation is going to be there, I guarantee it.

 
I'm ready to rebuild my food stash, but in a different way now that we are heading in to the warmer part of the year. Some recipes that we've eaten often recently will be shelved until next fall and fresh spring and summer recipes will replace the fall/winter fare. Now, if only I could recall what else we like to eat in spring and summer... hopefully I'll remember some recipes soon.

 
 
Salad Dressing: I'm good. I need to finish my Italian Dressing before I make anything more. I'm still the only family member showing an interest in consuming salad.

 
Soup of the Week: Bone Soup that I didn't get to this past week, but I'm making it today, I swear. See?
 
Also preparing: Banana Bread, Sweet Potato Biscuits w/ham, and veggies and dip to take when visiting my newest nephew, born two weeks ago! I think I can make everything listed here except for the lasagana with ingredients on hand in the house. If I get most of it made today and tomorrow, the rest of the week will go more smoothly.

I need to go get some more ideas at Orgjunkie.com. Stop by!

No comments: