Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Menu Plan Tuesday: November 16th


I am late writing this up, but I don't want to lose the opportunity to stay organized from now until Thanksgiving! By Wednesday, November 24th, I want to have significantly more space in my fridge and freezer so that I have plenty of space to work with during the holidays. I'm hoping that this plan will take me there:
  • Monday: Marinated Flank Steak (from the freezer, cooked on the grill, in the dark!), Cranberry Rice Pilaf, Sesame Baby Bok Choy (needed to use it up), and mixed steamed vegetables for the kids, who do not eat bok choy (more for me!)
  • Tuesday: Apple Sausage Risotto and steamed broccoli
  • Wednesday: Crunchy Crumbled Cod with Frozen Peas (sliding from Monday, which was a good grilling day to use up the flank steak)
  • Thursday: Leftovers (Daddy's Night Out)
  • Friday: Baked Chicken with some sides that I haven't decided yet.
  • Saturday: Pot Roast in the crockpot
  • Sunday: Leftovers (Mom's Night Out)
  • Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs with steamed vegetable (Mom at a meeting)
  • Tuesday: Grilled Cheese with Minestrone (from the freezer)
And then we'll be gone until December 1st!

I also plan to bake, puree, and freeze at least 5 pumpkins this week. At least some of this puree will be traveling with me to be added to the pumpkin pie I'm making for Thanksgiving Dinner. My home kitchen will be closed, but I'll be cooking the entire meal at my grandmothers! I'll need to pack some kitchen supplies to take on the plane as well.

Find more meal planning inspiration at orgjunkie.com!

No comments: