Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday Feb 28th

    15-Bean Soup with Homemade Cornbread
  • Monday: Mom's Chili with homemade cornbread in my cast iron skillet (with steamed broccoli)
  • Tuesday: Chicken fajitas, using the Sweet Asian Chicken marinade from Fix, Freeze, Feast: The Delicious, Money-Saving Way to Feed Your Family (this chicken is delicious!) and Sesame Baby Bok Choy
  • Wednesday: Leftovers
  • Thursday: Pizza Night (Parents out)
  • Friday: Salmon cakes, roasted potatoes, steamed green beans
  • Saturday: According to Fix, Freeze, Feast: The Delicious, Money-Saving Way to Feed Your Family, you don't need to cook your lasagna noodles before assembling IF you freeze the lasagna before baking it! I assembled my lasagna recipe the other week, and I am anxious to defrost it, bake it, and see how it turns out. It would be a great time saver if I could avoid boiling the noodles when assembling lasagnas. I hope to serve this with salad and bread if it's edible. I'll report my results next week.
  • Sunday: Leftovers
  • Monday: Whole Wheat pasta with turkey meatballs and sauce, served with steamed broccoli. (My son's favorite meal which is why we eat it so often!) 
Find more meal planning ideas at orgjunkie.com!

No comments: